Assessment & Testing
ASSESSMENT VIA PLACEMENT ASSISTANT
Students who have received milestones/placement levels after applying to the college do NOT need to take the Placement Assistant. Students who have completed college level math and English courses also do NOT need to take the Placement Assistant.
- ID: (10-digit Mesa College I.D.)
- High School unweighted, cumulative GPA
- Highest High School English Course Completed (C- or better)
- Highest High School Math Course Completed (C- or better)
- HiSET or GED scores (if applicable) *The Placement Assistant Program will allow only one submission per student*
The Online Orientation is one of the steps in matriculating to Mesa and is designed to cover important information about Mesa College to students. Once the Orientation is completed, there is a certificate that is e-mailed confirming the completion. This certificate can be forwarded to the Assessment Office via e-mail including the Mesa Student I.D. number to clear this matriculation step. You can e-mail us at email@example.com.
English LANGUAGE ACQUISITION (ELAC)
If English is not your native language, you may benefit from taking an ELAC class before a college-level English class. If so, the ELAC exam is your next step. It is a timed exam consisting of 75 questions within a span of 45 minutes designed to help non-native English speaking students select appropriate ELAC classes. Please see our Schedule for more information, and please review Sample Test questions before taking the exam.
Advancement Exam info