- WE Class List
- Steps to Enroll
- Application Resources
- WE Toolkit - Forms
- Internship Preparation Help
- Frequently Asked Questions
Shawn Fawcett, MS
Work Experience Steps to Enroll:
Have an internship, job, or volunteer position secured and want to receive college credit for your hands-on experience? Complete the Work Experience Application to be considered for enrollment this semester.
Questions? Please contact the Work Experience Coordinator, Shawn Fawcett, at email@example.com for more information.
NOTE: The Work Experience process has changed from paper to online forms. Please complete the Steps to Enroll and requirements to receive an ADD code.
To be eligible to obtain an add code/permission #, students must complete the following requirements:
- Be a current Mesa College student (Apply online at http://www.sdmesa.edu/apply/)
- Secure a job, internship, or volunteer position (Paid or Unpaid)
- Watch the Work Experience Orientation and complete the Orientation Quiz (Upload into WE Application)
- Complete Part 1 of the Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (All sections and exam - Upload into WE Application)
- Complete the online Work Experience Application (Fall 2019)
- Completion of Employer Agreement by Site Supervisor (emailed to Site Supervisor automatically once student WE Application has been submitted)
- Child Development Immunization Verification - Only required of students interested in enrolling in co-requisites CHIL 270 (CRN # 94864) and CHIL 151 (CRN # 82921). These class sections must be taken together.
- Attend mandatory in-person orientation with Work Experience Instructor
The assigned Work Experience Instructor reviews submitted forms for accuracy and completion. Once ALL forms and requirements are approved, the Work Experience Instructor sends an email to the student with ADD code, class #, class dates, and add deadline.