The programs in the Allied Health Department at San Diego Mesa College engage in continuous and systematic evaluation and improvement. We welcome your comments, suggestions, ideas and constructive criticism as part of that process. The Grievance/Due Process policies of the College and District provide a voice for current and prospective students, employees and other affiliated persons. However, individuals in the community who do not have a formal affiliation with the College or an Allied Health program are also welcome to provide comments according to the following policy.
1. This process is only for comments or concerns that cannot be addressed by existing grievance/due process procedures described in the College Catalog, college website (www.sdmesa.edu) or Allied Health Department manual.
2. Comments must be provided in writing and signed by the author. Anonymous submissions or written comments provided on behalf of an anonymous source will not be acknowledged.
3. During the fall and spring semesters, comments should be submitted to the appropriate Program Director at:
- San Diego Mesa College
- 7250 Mesa College Dr.
- San Diego, CA 92111
Comments submitted other than during the fall and spring semesters should be submitted directly to the Dean of Health Sciences/Public Service at the same address.
4. The Program Director shall respond to all comments within ten (10) working days to further discuss and resolve the issue. If satisfactory resolution is not or can not be reached, appeal may be made along the chain of command to the Allied Health Department Chair, Dean of Health Sciences/Public Service, Vice President of Instruction and President. Appeals may be made to each higher level after ten (10) working days of submission of appeal to a level. The decision of the President will be final and not subject to further appeal. Neither the Dean, VPI, nor the President will become involved until all attempts to resolve the issue with the Program Director or Department Chair have been exhausted, unless the comment is directly related to the performance of the Program Director.
5. Records of all correspondence will be confidentially maintained by the Program Director for five (5) years. These records are not open to the public.
Please note that the majority of the programs have an accrediting body with links to those agencies on their program page on the college website - www.sdmesa.edu.