Learning opportunities for transformation
Learning Opportunities for Transformation (LOFT) is the campus hub for professional development activities. Although the entire campus is used for a variety of professional development activities, the LOFT provides a space specifically designated for employee training and development on a daily basis. It includes small and large group training spaces, soft-seating, collaborative work stations, computer stations and quite rooms.
The furniture in the LOFT is designed to be flexible and transformative to meet the different needs of the campus.
The LOFT offers multiple, flexible spaces for your use. Most of the LOFT is available on a walk-in basis. The following spaces are available for reservation:
Training / Meeting Room (LOFT-432)
- 18 person capacity
- Projection system
- 6 Laptops, 6 Tablets, 6 iPads
- Easily reconfigured
Presentation Room (LRC-435)
- 50 person capacity
- Multiple layout configurations
- Projection system
- Use the entire LOFT for a special event
- 100 person capacity (mixed seating)
Contact Todd Williamson for reservations
Everyone Is Welcome
All employees are welcomed to use the LOFT. Need an inspirational space to:
- Hold a meeting?
- Engage in cross-discipline conversations?
- Host your committee work?
- Dive into a special project?
- Learn & practice new technology skills?
- Refresh your curriculum?
- Use a workspace different from your own?
- Read a book?
- Grade papers?
- What else?
Technology & facilities
- Four portable media monitors are available in the LOFT that interact and display from any laptop/tablet/ipad
- Movable white boards
- Collaboration stations for 2 or 20 people
- Small private and workgroup rooms
- 10 computer stations (8 PC and 2 MAC)
- Color Scanner
- Scantron Machine
- iClickers, including the instructor's kit are available for daily check out
- Tablets and iPads to use in the LOFT
Find The loft on social media:
Check out the Training and Events page for activities happening in the LOFT and the Professional Development Calendar on the left to see activities campus-wide.
Hours of Operation:
We are open during Library Hours.